Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving in Spain

*Thursday, November 26, 2009*

I'm not sure if I've mentioned here in my blog how lack-luster the food is here in Spain, but it is definitely a topic of discussion among all of us Americans who are here. Besides our families and friends back home, one of the things we miss the most is the variety of food we have back in the states. The foods that were new and exciting the first week now seem bland and not so thrilling... and I have definitely had the same soup for dinner every night for more than half of the time I've been here.

I don't mean to complain, only let you know the situation and so you understand why it was so exciting when a bunch of us made plans to go out for some Mexican food to celebrate Thanksgiving!

We found this restaurant that boasted it's Tex-Mex (Mexican food) and margaritas, and thought it would be a nice taste of home (plus, we have all been craving Mexican food).

the restaurant, near Plaza España

the group!

Lily, Me and Genelle

Fajitas!

consumed nachos

It wasn't the same as the usual big turkey-day feast, then again, when else will I be in Spain with these amazing people?

No comments:

Post a Comment